U8 Co-ed Spring Soccer League - 2014 Schedule
The first Thursday training session will began March 13th at GES (Gardnerville Elementary School) from 5:00-6:30/7:00 pm (parent meeting to follow).
Future Thursday Training sessions will be held at Aspen Park, in the Gardnerville Ranchos from 5:00-6:30/7:00 pm (weather permitting).
Saturday afternoon games will start March 29 @ 4:00pm and will also be held at Aspen Park. Bring water, cleats and shin guards to all training and games.
For safety reasons, no jewelry is allowed other than medical or religious medallions (taped down). Youngsters cannot wear earrings nor can they simply "band aid" the earring.
What U8 competitive offers
* 6-8 week season that starts mid-March and goes through the end of May
* Games played on weekends Sat/Sun
* Experienced coaches/trainers
* Advanced skills training
* Higher level of play
* No traveling
* Safe, rewarding, challenging, and overall fun
Team meeting TBA at a later date
AYSO U-8 Coed Spring Soccer League Goals
* Players who played in the fall recreation program and wish to play in the spring competitive soccer league, will be both encouraged and trained to prepare them for the transition from recreational to competitive soccer.
* This developmental program is designed for any player who is interested in learning advanced skills without a commitment to a traveling soccer team.
* The Program is designed to improve the technical, tactical, and field awareness abilities of the player using many of the AYSO standards for youth training.
* With a ratio of 8-10 players per trainer, our certified AYSO coaches and trainers have years of experience working with and teaching younger players.
* Much of the focus will on the basic fundamentals of soccer in a safe, rewarding, challenging, and overall fun environment.
Spring Season >