Last day to sign up for the U8 co-ed spring soccer league is March 12, 2014.
U8 Co-ed Spring Soccer League
Thanks again to all that came out and registered for the U8 Coed Spring Soccer League. We had a really good turnout. Our players will be both encouraged and trained to prepare them for the transition from recreational to competetive soccer. We are very excited to get started.
Thursday training sessions will began March 13th and will be held a Aspen Park in the Gardnerville Ranchos from 5:00-7:00pm (weather permitting). Saturday and/or Sunday afternoon games will start April 5th and will also be held at Aspen Park (days and times TBA).
What U8 competitive offers
* 6-8 week season that starts mid-March and goes through the end of May
* Games played on weekends Sat/Sun
* Experienced coaches/trainers
* Advanced skills training
* Higher level of play
* No traveling
* Safe, rewarding, challenging, and overall fun
Team meeting TBA at a later date
AYSO U-8 Coed Spring Soccer League Goals
* Players who played in the fall recreation program and wish to play in the spring competitive soccer league, will be both encouraged and trained to prepare them for the transition from recreational to competitive soccer.
* This developmental program is designed for any player who is interested in learning advanced skills without a commitment to a traveling soccer team.
* The Program is designed to improve the technical, tactical, and field awareness abilities of the player using many of the AYSO standards for youth training.
* With a ratio of 8-10 players per trainer, our certified AYSO coaches and trainers have years of experience working with and teaching younger players.
* Much of the focus will on the basic fundamentals of soccer in a safe, rewarding, challenging, and overall fun environment.